Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Stand Pole


“All men are homosexual, some turn straight. It must be very odd to be straight man because your sexuality is hopelessly defensive. It’s like and ideal of racial purity”  Derek Jarman

How would you react if someone asked "Are you gay?" followed by  “How gay are you?” then “Are you too effeminate?” ?

 


Knowing your sexual preference is a matter of black and white, at least for me. But being asked the same question most of the time is disturbing. I do have three theories why they asked the same question over and over again. 



First, they don’t know you so, for the sake of curiosity, they would ask such preposterous questions just to satisfy their hungry needs. Life is a matter of living and not knowing what you are made of.

Second, they want to know you more. Knowing more is something I have always believed in, but definitely not on the subject of your sexuality. Friends never ask, they understand.

Third, they want you to be part of the “Group”. You, definitely, do not impose to someone that he is not. Labeling is out of context.



Life is a matter of choice. I choose not to speak because I am afraid of delusional people. I choose not to act because I am happy the way I am. I choose not to change because it is ME that matters most.

No comments:

Post a Comment